Camp Lohikan is currently searching for nurses (RNs, LPNs) to staff our health center this coming summer. Our 8 week summer camp season starts June 26th and ends August 19, 2021, however we operate programs before and after the regular summer camp program so we have nursing positions available BEFORE and AFTER the 8 week camp program.
Our health center is staffed with 5 to 7 RNs, a camp doctor, infirmary assistants, and a health services manager, all of whom live on camp grounds.
Employment for 2, 4, 6, or 8 weeks is available. Nurses are provided private accommodations. Family accommodations are also available. Children of medical staff members are accepted into camp tuition free.
Camp Lohikan is a traditional summer camp for boys and girls of the ages 6 to 15. We are located in the Pocono Mts. of northeastern Pennsylvania in the village of Lake Como. We're about 2.5 hours from New York City and 3 hours from Philadelphia.
Camp Lohikan has been operated by the Buynak family since 1957. We are warm, welcoming camp community dedicated to caring for our campers and staff. Our goal is to provide an environment of support and encouragement where children will try new things and grow in the process. We are searching for individuals who are kind and willing to put kids first at all times.
ESSENTIAL NURSING FUNCTIONS
- Provide health care to meet individual needs of campers and camp staff.
- Provide basic first aid.
- Determine when a child/staff member should be seen by the camp doctor.
- Administer medication.
- Work with food service and other staff to properly manage allergies.
- Maintain accurate and detailed medical records according to state and American Camp Association Standards.
- Oversee First Aid procedures and supplies.
- Ensure a staff orientation session is delivered on medical services (First Session Nurse Only).
- Screen all campers and staff who are arriving at camp.
- Supervise sanitary conditions throughout camp.
- Applicants must be licensed in the State of Pennsylvania. A temporary nursing license is available.
- Individuals must have high moral character and a strong work ethic. Working in the health center and working with children is hard work! We expect our staff members to be excellent role models for our campers.
- Our campers are healthy and have medical needs that are similar to those children enrolled in a regular school. Our campers come from all over the world!
- Previous camp experience is not necessary.
- Camp Lohikan is a non-smoking camp.
- As a condition of employment applicants must pass Camp Lohikan's pre-offer and post-offer staff screening processes which include: reference checks, criminal background checks, sex-offender registry check and other staff screening checks deemed appropriate.
- We pay the BEST salaries to recruit the BEST staff!
- Travel allowance is available.
- Room, board and laundry services are provided. You have no expenses!
- FREE CAMP TUITION is provided for children (grandchildren) of senior staff members.
- PRIVATE ROOMS are provided to members of our senior staff.
- Family accommodations are also available.
- High Speed Internet Access. Stay in touch with family and friends!
- Pre and post-camp employment is available.
- Nights-off and days-off are scheduled throughout the summer.
- Our top caliber staff is recruited from across the US and Europe and provides a unique social experience for our counselors, supervisors and medical staff.
- Working at Camp Lohikan is the experience of a lifetime. The personal growth, the rewards of working with children, the excitement of an active, diverse community and the close friendships that you form will stay with you long after the summer ends. Many staff members describe their employment at Camp Lohikan as the BEST summer of their life.
The best way to apply for a job is online. CLICK HERE.
In the alternative, you can speak with our staff coordinator, Joe Clinton, at 908-470-9317. He will be to answer your questions and mail you our Staff Application Package. Get ready for a great summer!
Complete Our Online Application