Camp Lohikan is currently searching for camp doctors to staff our health center this coming summer camp season. Our 8 week summer camp season starts June 26th and ends August 18, 2019, however we operate programs before and after the regular summer camp program so we have doctor positions available BEFORE and AFTER the 8 week camp program.
Employment for 1 or more weeks is available. The camp physician is provided private accommodations. Family accommodations are also available. Children (or grandchildren) of medical staff members are accepted into camp tuition free.
Camp Lohikan is a traditional summer camp for boys and girls of the ages 6 to 15. We are located in the Pocono Mts. of northeastern Pennsylvania in the village of Lake Como. We're about 2.5 hours from New York City.
Camp Lohikan has been operated by the Buynak since 1957. We are a warm, welcoming camp community dedicated to caring for our campers and staff. Our goal is to provide an environment of support and encouragement where children will try new things and grow in the process. We are searching for individuals who are kind and willing to put kids first at all times. Our medical staff is composed of 5-7 registered nurses, a camp doctor, a health services manager and infirmary assistants.
- Review all treatment procedures prior to arrival.
- Examination of staff members who are ill.
- Examination of campers who arrive feeling ill.
- Examination of campers and staff on a daily basis for the following conditions:
- Lacerations that need sutures for adequate closure and checking for tetanus need.
- Examination of sprains and suspected fractures - referral if indicated to the Wayne Memorial Hospital for follow up with Orthopedic Physician.
- Infected bites.
- Common diseases that interfere with daily activities (ears, nose, & throats)
- Asthma attack
- Allergic reactions
- Documentation of all visits, treatments, procedures, etc.
- We pay the BEST salaries to recruit the BEST staff!
- Travel allowance is available. Temporary license fee is reimbursed.
- Room, board and laundry services are provided.
- FREE CAMP TUITION is provided for children (grandchildren) of senior staff members.
- PRIVATE ROOMS are provided to members of our senior staff.
- Family accommodations are also available.
- High Speed Internet Access. Stay in touch with family and friends!
- Our top caliber staff is recruited from across the US and Europe and provides a unique social experience for our counselors, supervisors and medical staff.
- Working at Camp Lohikan is the experience of a lifetime. The personal growth, the rewards of working with children, the excitement of an active, diverse community and the close friendships that you form will stay with you long after the summer ends. Many staff members describe their employment at Camp Lohikan as the BEST summer of their life!
- Applicants must be licensed in the State of Pennsylvania. A temporary license is available.
- Individuals must have high moral character and a strong work ethic. Working in the healthcenter and working with children is hard work! We expect our staff members to be excellent role models for our campers.
- Our campers are healthy and have needs that are similar to those enrolled to children in enrolled in a regular school. Our campers come from all over the world!
- Previous camp experience is not necessary.
- Camp Lohikan is a non-smoking camp.
- As a condition of employment applicants must pass Camp Lohikan's pre-offer and post-offer staff screening processes which include: reference checks, criminal background checks, sex-offender registry check and other staff screening checks deemed appropriate.
The best way to apply for a job is online. CLICK HERE.
In the alternative, you can speak with our staff coordinator, Joe Clinton, at 908-470-9317. He will be to answer your questions and mail you our Staff Application Package. Get ready for a great summer!
Complete Our Online Application