Every summer we schedule camp trips to dynamite Amusement Parks and other exciting places of camper interest. In the past we've taken campers to: Dorney Park & the Wild Water Kingdom, Hershey Park, the Wayne County Fair, Cooperstown and the Baseball Hall of Fame, Montage Alpine and Water Slides, Rafting trips on the Delaware, Busch Gardens, Colonial Williamsburg, Jamestown Festival Park in Virginia, Washington D.C., Baltimore, Virginia Beach, Boston, Toronto, Kings Dominion, Niagara Falls, Canada's Wonderland Amusement Park, the Ontario Science Center and a whole lot more!
Each 4 week session features an all-camp trip at a major Amusement Park. There are no extra charges for these trips. We hire buses, pack up our campers and staff, and leave for the Amusement Park right after breakfast. Lunch and dinner are served in our reserved pavilion at the park. Campers entering the 6th grade and younger are supervised by 2 counselors assigned to the cabin group the entire day. Senior campers buddy-up and are supervised by our senior counselors and senior staff members who are located throughout the park. We also have mandatory check-in times at our pavilion. At the end of the day, the buses are loaded, and we depart for camp... hopefully in time to make curfew!
In addition to our All-Camp Trips (which are included in the tuition) every summer we schedule a 3-Day Trip to a site of educational as well as entertaining interest for our campers. This trip is optional and limited to 50 campers who are 11 years old and older.
THIS YEAR’S 3 DAY TRIP IS HEADING TO.... The BUSCH GARDENS AMUSEMENT PARK!!! This summer's 3-Day Trip is scheduled for August 2nd through August 4th, and we'll be heading down to Busch Gardens Amusement Park near Williamsburg, Virginia. We’ll also tour LURAY CAVERNS (a spectacular natural wonder that has been designated as an American Landmark) and visit Luray’s Antique Car and Carriage Museum. It’s going to be an awesome 3 days! The itinerary is superb!
DAY 1: Colonial Williamsburg & Busch Gardens Amusement Park!
- Deluxe air-conditioned bus with a DVD player and restroom departs after an early breakfast.
- Lunch meal in route to Busch Gardens, Virginia.
- Late-afternoon pool party at the Hotel.
- Dinner meal served in the scenic Colonial Williamsburg area.
- Arrive at Busch Gardens for an evening of fun and excitement! Experience a European vacation with its charming old-world villages authentically recreated, and filled with strolling costumed characters, authentic cuisine, entertainment, exhibits and world-class shops. Explore over 50 award-winning, record-breaking, spine-tingling rides like The Curse of DarKastle, Griffon, The Loch Ness Monster, Alpengeist (one of the world's largest inverted roller coasters), Apollo’s Chariot (210’ high at 73mph), and Water Rides like The Rhine River Cruise, The Roman Rapids, and Escape from Pompeii. Enjoy a wide variety of entertainment including stage shows.
- Overnight hotel accommodations in the Williamsburg area.
DAY 2: Busch Gardens Amusement Park!
- Home-style breakfast buffet…all you can eat!
- Return to Busch Gardens for full action-packed day from morning till night! Click here to learn more about Busch Gardens.
- Lunch meal served at Busch Gardens.
- Catered dinner meal served in Busch Gardens.
- Overnight hotel accommodations in the Williamsburg area.
DAY 3: Luray Caverns Car & Carriage Museum!
- Southern-style breakfast buffet to start your day out just right!
- Guided Tour of Luray Caverns, a "Fairyland in stone". Tour the largest and most popular caverns on the East Coast! Explore the chambers and view the graceful elegance of massive crystalline cascades in their naturally beautiful colors. See the sparkling lakes in the caverns that reflect a myriad of fantastic forms.
- Visit the Luray Caverns Car & Carriage Museum where over 140 cars and carriages from the 18th century are on display.
- Lunch meal served in the scenic Luray Caverns area.
- Dinner meal in route to Camp Lohikan.
Click here for the 3-Day Trip Registration form.
Our summer schedule is also loaded with "Other Trips". Qualified campers are encouraged to sign-up for exciting White Water Canoe Trips on the Delaware River or 2-Day Backpacking Trips on the Appalachian Trail or rock climbing trips to the Catskill Mountains. Campers can also sign up for trips to Uncle Joe's Animal Farm and Buttermilk Waterfalls. Campers who register for Lohikan's optional Baseball Program will travel to the PNC Stadium and catch the Triple A Scranton-Wilkes Barre RailRiders Team in action throughout the summer. And, that's not all! We also have special trips reserved for campers who win cabin inspection, evening activity contests, cabin points competitions and weekly special events. Trips include: Jericho Ice Cream Parlor & Alice's Cow Palace Trips, Villa Como Pizza Parties, Montage Water Slide and Alpine Slide, White Water Rafting Trips, Cooperstown Baseball Hall of Fame Trips and those incredible edible Trips to Town!
Not enough traveling for you? Well, if you join one (or all) of our traveling Intercamp Game Teams, you'll get to visit at least a dozen of our neighboring summer camps. We have a very active intercamp games schedule and we're always searching for participants. You can join any of our teams at any time during the summer and playing time is guaranteed. So go for it!!!
Whether we call them Big Trips or Little Trips, I think it's clear that there's a lot happening at Camp Lohikan! So what do you say? Come on, join the gang and have FUN!
Details: Home | Camper Application | Sessions & Tuition | Camp Director | 1st Time Camper Program | Tuition Refund Guarantee | 1st to 4th Grade Campers | Facilities | Food Service-Menu | Travel Directions | Open House-Tour Dates | One Week Mini-Camp | International Campers | FAQ's | Camp Videos | Camp Map | Current Newsletter | Free Brochure | Contact Us
Programs: Daily Program | Junior Program | Elective Program | Teen Program | Events Calendar | Camp Trips | New Stuff | Clinics Program
Arts Programs: Creative Arts | Performing Arts | Music | Rock Band | Drama | Dance | Media Arts | Circus Arts/Flying Trapeze
Aquatics: Lake | Sailing & Windsurfing | Water Skiing | Tarzan Swing | Jet Skiing | Lake Park | Aquatic Adventure | Fishing | Pool Program | Scuba
Sports: Land Sports | Gymnastics | Cheerleading | Basketball | Baseball & Softball | Tennis | Soccer | Volleyball | Lacrosse | Golf | Roller Hockey | Archery & Riflery | Wrestling | Martial Arts | Track & Field | Weightlifting
Extreme Sports: Extreme Sports Program | Mountain Boarding | Skateboarding | Skate Park | ATV's-Quad Riding | Bungee Jumping | Paintball
Equestrian Program: Horseback Riding | Equestrian Clinic | Horse Care Clinic | Petting Zoo
Adventure Activities: High Ropes | Survival Camp | Adventure Program | Rock Climbing