Camp Lohikan’s dining room and kitchen serve
outstanding meals all year long!
Whether it’s our fall or spring conference season, a weekend wedding reservation or our summer camp season, Camp Lohikan’s chef, baker and kitchen staff members take great pride in the meals we serve.
Tasty food and good nutrition are important. Our weekly menus are prepared by a licensed dietician. While we are a nonsectarian camp, we serve kosher-style meals. Our meats, fish and groceries are the very best and all cooking and baking is done on our camp premises.
Meals are served cafeteria style and campers and counselors sit together by cabin. There is no limit to the number of servings available and we're serious when we say that no one ever leaves the dining hall hungry. There's always something available that will appeal to even the pickiest of eaters!
Menu and Meal Features:
- Every breakfast meal features a hot entree, hot oatmeal or farina, and a wide choice of popular cold cereals.
- Lunch and dinner meals feature a choice of 2 hot entrees. There are also hot potatoes, hot vegetables and pasta available and there's always a vegetarian dish on the hot serving line.
- Beverages include a choice of juices (at least 5), iced tea, white and chocolate milk, water, and hot chocolate in the morning.
- Salad Bars are available during the lunch and dinner meals and are stocked with 15 to 20 salad bar items including: fresh vegetables (lettuce, tomatoes, carrot sticks, celery sticks, chick peas, broccoli, cucumbers, beets, red cabbage, cauliflower), grated cheeses and cheese cubes, cottage cheese, croutons, Chinese noodles, yogurt, tuna fish, jello salad, pasta salad, egg salad, potato salad, and a variety of regular and low calorie salad dressings.
- Our lunch and dinner meals always feature a hot pasta option and a hot baked potato option.
- There's always a vegetarian dish on the hot service line.
- Fresh Fruit Bars are available for breakfast, lunch and dinner and include: apples, oranges, bananas, peaches, pears, plums, honeydew melons, cantaloupes and watermelon.
- Breads include white, whole wheat, rye and specialty breads (depending upon the meal).
- Once a week we have a bar-b-que and also schedule special cookouts like our senior beach cookouts.
- In addition to the main course we always have alternate meals available after the main course is served, e.g., roast beef, chicken, turkey, peanut butter & jelly, and marshmallow fluff.
- Low cholesterol diets can also be accommodated
- Click here for a sample menu representative of a typical week’s menu. The menu is diversified on a weekly basis with a variety of popular meals, e.g., fajitas, pizza, meatball hoagies, steak-ums, stirfry meals, chicken tenders, beef stew over noodles and more!
Details: Home | Camper Application | Sessions & Tuition | Camp Director | 1st Time Camper Program | Tuition Refund Guarantee | 1st to 4th Grade Campers | Facilities | Food Service-Menu | Travel Directions | Open House-Tour Dates | One Week Mini-Camp | International Campers | FAQ's | Camp Videos | Camp Map | Current Newsletter | Free Brochure | Contact Us
Programs: Daily Program | Junior Program | Elective Program | Teen Program | Events Calendar | Camp Trips | New Stuff | Clinics Program
Arts Programs: Creative Arts | Performing Arts | Music | Rock Band | Drama | Dance | Media Arts | Circus Arts/Flying Trapeze
Aquatics: Lake | Sailing & Windsurfing | Water Skiing | Tarzan Swing | Jet Skiing | Lake Park | Aquatic Adventure | Fishing | Pool Program | Scuba
Sports: Land Sports | Gymnastics | Cheerleading | Basketball | Baseball & Softball | Tennis | Soccer | Volleyball | Lacrosse | Golf | Roller Hockey | Archery & Riflery | Wrestling | Martial Arts | Track & Field | Weightlifting
Extreme Sports: Extreme Sports Program | Mountain Boarding | Skateboarding | Skate Park | ATV's-Quad Riding | Bungee Jumping | Paintball
Equestrian Program: Horseback Riding | Equestrian Clinic | Horse Care Clinic | Petting Zoo
Adventure Activities: High Ropes | Survival Camp | Adventure Program | Rock Climbing
Summer Clinics: Spy Camp | DJ Clinic | Circus Performance Clinic | Skate X-Games Clinic | Equestrian Clinic | Horse Care Clinic | Survival Camp | Competitive Tennis Clinic | Golf Clinic | High 5 Basketball Clinic | Cheerleading Clinic | Paintball Camp | Rock Band Clinic | Scuba Clinic